Is it possible to do face peeling for rosacea - Rosacea
Face peeling - This is a procedure aimed at improving the condition of the skin. People who are planning a peel, strive to get rid of flaking and excessive dryness. During the session, the removal of dead skin particles and its renewal take place. If this is not done, the cornified cells are able to block the ducts of the sebaceous glands and lead to the development of an inflammatory reaction. However, this is not observed in every person.
Many patients with rosacea are wondering about the possibility of peeling during the illness. On this account there are different opinions. Rosacea is accompanied by dryness of the skin, its inflammation and increased vascular pattern. Some doctors believe that with such skin problems, the peeling procedure can be dangerous in terms of worsening the course of the disease.
However, it cannot be stated unequivocally that after the peeling of the face, rosacea will progress. The way the skin behaves, the shape and the development of the disease affect. In addition, there are various peeling options for the face, each of which has a different effect.
Types of peeling and their effects on the skin with rosacea
Scrub. It is a cream or gel with abrasive particles, which is applied to the skin and is easily rubbed in a circular motion. This allows you to cleanse the face of dead skin cells, to relieve peeling. Sometimes in the composition of the scrubs there are enzymes (enzymes) that contribute to the dissolution of sebum. Scrubs can be used at home. However, in rosacea, the use of scrubs is very dangerous, since enzymes and hard abrasive particles can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. In addition, the patient may not notice that the skin has undergone destructive changes, apply a scrub on it and even more damage.
Microdermabrasion. It is a procedure for grinding the skin with microparticles. In this case, the person is injured, which is unacceptable during rosacea. However, if the patient receives a qualified treatment, regularly visits the doctor, and he recommended microdermabrasion, then the session should not be abandoned. Sometimes doctors even strongly advise the patient to undergo a similar facial cleansing. This is especially true for patients with the third stage of rosacea, which allows to get rid of coarse skin. Microdermabrasion is contraindicated only under the condition that there is purulent inflammation (conglobate and fulminant form of the disease).
Ultrasound peeling. Ultrasonic cleaning of the face allows you to avoid skin injury, which gives it an advantage over scrubs and microdermabrasion. However, under the influence of ultrasound, it is possible to increase the swelling of the tissues, since the waves will affect not only the skin, but also the vessels. This procedure is recommended for patients in whom the disease is in 2 stages, that is, there is a burning down of the skin. It is impossible to carry out an ultrasonic peeling against the background of Morbigan's disease.
Vacuum peeling. Exposure of the skin to the skin with a vacuum allows it to be cleaned and to release blocked sebaceous glands. Rosacea is a contraindication to this procedure, since during vacuum cleaning there is a rush of blood to the face, as well as expansion of the capillaries. All this will provoke an increase in the symptoms of the disease.
Chemical peel. The procedure is reduced to the fact that products containing acids are applied to the skin of the face. Such a peeling can be carried out with rosacea, but the current composition should be selected by the doctor individually. Acid contributes to the destruction of pathogenic flora. However, it is probably impossible to predict exactly how the skin will react to the applied drug. There is always the risk of increased inflammation and the development of an allergic reaction.
Laser peeling. Laser peeling is possible for almost all patients with rosacea. In addition, it contributes to the improvement of metabolic processes and efficiently cleanses the skin, in parallel with the destruction of microbes. If the patient has purulent foci, they will be dried and regenerated faster. It is important to choose a highly qualified specialist who knows all the details of the procedure in patients with rosacea. The key point is the adjustment of the intensity of the laser radiation, as well as the depth of its penetration into the tissue.
Cryopeling. It is better to refuse a cryopilling to patients with rosacea. This procedure involves exposure of the skin to low temperatures (up to -110 degrees). At the same time, the vessels will contract strongly, which will lead to their injuries and tissue necrosis.
Certain types of peeling can have a beneficial effect on the skin of the face. However, some procedures for rosacea are categorically contraindicated. Therefore, before you decide to peel, you should get professional advice.
Scrubs and rosacea
It is impossible to scrub the skin with hard abrasive particles, it injures sensitive skin with fragile blood vessels. But suitable enzyme enzymes peels with plant enzymes papain and bromelain and delicate exfoliants creams. Traditional medicine advises to clean the mask of berries, fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately, with symptoms of rosacea and rosacea even these innocent, at first glance, ways can harm - raw acids strongly irritate the skin. Any cosmetic product is applied with your fingertips - mittens, hard sponges and brushes cannot be used. Micellar water for sensitive skin can be called ideal for home daily cleansing. It easily replaces washing. If there is a habit of washing with tap water, it is better to put a filter, because the alkali, which is present in the water, dries the skin.
Salon cleansing procedures for vascular disorders
Salon procedures also will not please a variety. Numerous cleansing procedures - manual, mechanical, laser, vacuum and even atraumatic cleaning, dermabrasion, brushing and almost all types of peelings are not suitable, these methods are too aggressive. But regularly clean the pores and get rid of dead skin cells need, regardless of its type and problems. And with symptoms of rosacea and rosacea there are very many, so there is a solution.
First of all, it is an ultrasonic cleaning, the softest of the existing ones. The method is based on the impact of high-frequency ultrasonic vibrations. Under their influence, cellular metabolism is activated, comedones and keratinous skin are removed, the epidermis is not injured. With this cleaning it is difficult to remove deep comedones, but it can be done permanently, so the results will be, just not immediately. Oily skin can be cleaned with ultrasound once every seven to ten days, dry - once a month. The procedure lasts only 15 minutes. Its cost starts from 2500r. But in the case of a pronounced couperosis, even such cleaning is not recommended, although the final verdict is made by a specialist - the matter here depends on the specific localization of the vessels. We remind you that a method is safe for your skin, a specialist decides. Other contraindications include herpes, eczema, skin tumors, acute infectious diseases. Pregnancy is a conditional contraindication, in the normal state of health of a pregnant woman, 7-8 minutes of work of an ultrasonic handpiece with a frequency of 28-32 Hz will not harm the fetus.
Another type of cleaning is called galvanization (deincrustation); it is allowed even with multiple telangiectasias. Recently, there have been heated discussions about whether or not to use galvanic current in hypersensitive skin, and most experts are inclined to say that it is not worth it. However, if there are no other options, during galvanization the skin is cleaned with a galvanometer and saline. Electric current increases the permeability of blood vessels and increases the speed of blood flow, and saline flushes sebaceous secretions from the pores. The strength of the current depends on the sensitivity of the person. This procedure can not be done more often than once every two weeks, to achieve a visible effect, a course of 4-6 procedures is required. The course can be repeated after three months.
Contraindications: pregnancy, pacemaker, low blood clotting, any neoplasm, and newly formed vessels (telangiectasia including), including papillomas, purulent inflammatory processes, rash, dermatitis, eczema, intolerance of electric current. The cost of galvanization - from 1500R.
Chemical peels for vascular disorders
As we have said, such a popular method of cleansing the skin, like peeling, for skin with couperose and rosacea is almost not suitable. The exceptions are just a few types of peels and acids - lactic, almond and gas-liquid peels, and of acids - azelaic acid is even indicated for rosacea and pyruvic acid ,. Lacto-flora peeling Pevonia Botanica and Lacto-Flora peeling company Medikalia are also well tolerated by patients.
Lactic acid get from fermented milk. It is part of the natural moisturizing factor (MMP) and stimulates fibroblasts to produce hyaluronic acid. Lactic acid gel peels slowly penetrate the skin, so they do not cause irritation. They are suitable for both the driest and oily skin. The most popular types are Argipil with arginine and 20% lactic acid and Laktipil with 90% acid and DMAE. For fragile capillaries, Argipil is especially indicated. It can be done all year round, and Laktipil - only during the period of the inactive sun. Peelings are carried out in a course of 4-8 procedures every 7-10 days.
The cost of one procedure - from 3000r.
Almond peeling similar to dairy. Mandelic acid, like lactic acid, belongs to the class of alphagidrokislot. Its large molecules (larger than the glycolic acid molecule) also slowly and evenly penetrate the skin. For the treatment of acne, such peeling is the best fit. It can be done regularly every two weeks or a course of 6 treatments once a week.
Cost - from 1000r.
Gas-liquid peeling (aquapeling) It is performed using an apparatus that cleans the skin with a thin stream of oxygen and saline. The stream operates at a speed of 200-300m / s. This careful method does not cause allergies and irritation, the air temperature does not rise. If necessary, vitamins and means to strengthen the walls of blood vessels can be injected into the skin, which is especially important when they are fragile. The course may consist of 3-10 procedures, and then it is recommended to do maintenance sessions once a month.
What will help peeling with rosacea
Cuperosis is not only an aesthetic drawback, but also a rather serious vascular disease, therefore it is among the contraindications for many cosmetic procedures. However, some types of peels, both chemical and physical, are permissible as a reduction in its manifestations. The general requirement for all methods of professional skin cleansing during couperosis is their gentle nature and the degree of penetration of the active ingredient no deeper than the granular layer of the dermis.
Cuperosis manifests itself in the form of a bright pink grid of dilated capillaries and small vessels, whose walls have thinned, visible through the skin. The skin, subjected to rosacea, require particularly careful treatment. Excessive exposure to weakened vessels can only worsen the situation: the disease will begin to progress and the area of capillary stretch marks will become larger. In extreme cases, beauty procedures can even trigger the development of the inflammatory process.
A similar situation with the mindless choice of the method of exfoliation may occur with rosacea - another skin disease of the skin, characterized by extensive red spots. Rosacea is often found in women of mature and advanced age, who communicate to cosmetologists with the aim of rejuvenation. Therefore, peels for rosacea should also be a compromise, ideally superficial and delicate. Median exfoliation while vascular disease is strictly forbidden to carry out independently - only in the salon or clinic by the hands of a professional.
When rosacea, the vascular walls lose their density and elasticity. Thinned capillaries stop responding normally to external stimuli: temperature drops, stress, or physical activity. Their damage by aggressive peeling compounds or methods can lead to bruises and deep hematomas. Therefore, peels for the skin with couperosis should not only rejuvenate the skin, but also strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
Kuperoz has three main stages of the disease, and peelings are permissible only at stages I and II of its development:
- The first symptoms of rosacea in owners of dry skin declare themselves in the form of periodically occurring itchy and scaly pockets of redness. Those whose combined skin or fatty symptoms of the onset of the disease may not appear,
- in the next stage, the symptoms become more serious, and the disease leaves no doubt about it: on the thin skin of the cheeks and wings of the nose, there are “threads” and “asterisks” of capillaries,
- launched cuperosis is considered with the appearance of such painful signs as extensive purple spots and “bulging” vascular nodules. With such a development of the disease, peels and other manipulations are contraindicated, and it is necessary to fight it with medical, not cosmetological, methods.
Those who suffer from physical inactivity, have a habit of frequent use of alcohol or smoking can find such unpleasant "surprises" on their skin, prefer acute or fatty foods, and have chronic vascular diseases in their diets. Also at risk are the owners of sensitive and susceptible skin.
Properly selected face peeling in the case of rosacea can have a beneficial effect on the affected skin and at the same time solve several related problems:
- Acid compositions and hardware techniques for surface and mid-surface cleansing violate not only the dead epidermal layer, but also the deformed capillaries. Internal skin regeneration contributes to the formation of the epidermis without these defects,
- as a result of the procedures, the “stars” and “threads” of the vessels protruding onto the skin surface are destroyed, the skin microrelief improves,
- peeling composition for skin with couperose as an additional one has a pronounced rejuvenating effect - mimic and age wrinkles are reduced, skin tone becomes higher,
- parallel exfoliation products help to get rid of acne, comedones and pimples,
- pigment spots and freckles become less noticeable.
Contraindications for any peeling couperose skin are bleeding wounds, abrasions, microcracks in the affected area, inflammation of the face, herpes lesions, pregnancy and lactation, allergic reactions to the components of the peeling funds.
Can and should: chemical peels
Only special means of chemical exfoliation are applicable for exfoliating the skin with a distinct vascular net. When blood stagnates in the capillaries, the methods should be as gentle as possible. Preparations for peeling with couperose are characterized by low concentrations of active substances: acids or enzymes. Chemical peeling for the face with vascular stretch marks of the I and II degree of the disease can only be superficial.
- Glycolic peeling for rosacea. Glycolic acid is one of the most popular chemical compounds that help cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. A molecule of a substance is so small that it is able to easily penetrate cell membranes and start the renewal process in the epidermis, simultaneously destroying “asterisks” from capillaries.
- Coral peeling. Coral exfoliation with couperose is allowed only for 2-3 minutes,
- peeling with lactic acid is optimal for sensitive and prone to allergic skin reactions. In addition to anti-inflammatory properties, it strengthens and brightens the skin,
- phytic acid peeling is prescribed by cosmetologists for elderly patients. Due to the volume molecules of phytic acid, the exfoliant works only on the surface of the skin, without affecting the deep layers of the dermis,
- retinoic peeling. The so-called yellow peeling is most often recommended for rosacea in young women. The tool reduces redness and soothes dilated blood vessels, making them less visible,
- Almond peeling is a gentle technique that is ideal for dark skin with a vascular network,
- peeling with azelaic acid is an effective way to get rid of the symptoms of rosacea and rosacea. The preparations have a disinfecting and sedative effect,
- Enzyme peeling not only significantly moisturizes the skin, but also helps to cope with the deformation of small vessels and capillaries. For skin prone to rosacea, formulations based on dairy enzymes, as well as trypsin are recommended.
Some women perform a glycol peeling procedure at home. Among the products for home exfoliation, a ready-made kit with glycolic acid Belita is a proven one. Peeling "Belita" can be purchased at a professional cosmetics store or a pharmacy. Refrain from purchasing "Belita" via the Internet in order not to become the owner of a fake. Glycolic peeling "Belita" is carried out by the course: 1 time in 2 weeks. It is better to start with a few minutes, gradually increasing the exposure time to a quarter of an hour. "Belita" does not imply the use of a neutralizer and is removed with ordinary water.
Contrary to popular belief, Jessner peeling is not recommended for rosacea. Despite its softness, the “Hollywood” technique is safe and does not cause side effects only on the skin without serious aesthetic defects and dermatological diseases. Jessner's classic peeling consists of 3 components, not all of which are valid for vascular networks: salicylic and lactic acid, resorcinol in 14% concentration. Sometimes citric acid, glycolic acid and isopropanol can be added to Jesner's famous exfoliation. Jessner's peeling has excellent anti-aging, antiseptic and whitening properties, but in the fight against couperosis it is not only impotent, but also prohibited.
With care: physical peels
Permissible hardware peels from rosacea, more precisely, its visual manifestations, are reduced to cleansing the skin with ultrasound and a gas-liquid solution.
- Ultrasound peeling. Acoustic waves act superficially and do not damage the deep layers of the epidermis. Heating the subcutaneous tissue in this case has a beneficial effect - ultrasound stimulates the blood flow and has a massage effect,
- Oxygen (gas-liquid) peeling. In this case, the correction of the vascular mesh occurs with the help of a gas-liquid jet that is applied to the skin of the face under high pressure. Saline, distilled water or drug are enriched with oxygen. The tool exfoliates old cells and promotes capillary drainage,
- Carbon peeling - a combination of chemical and physical peeling. Carbon nanogel under the influence of laser radiation helps to get rid of rosacea.
Other common physical peels for the face, for example, microcrystalline dermabrasion, cryotherapy or laser resurfacing, are not recommended for rosacea.
Error-free procedure: important recommendations
Any course of peeling in the case of rosacea should be preceded by consultation with an experienced cosmetologist. The specialist will advise which type of exfoliation is appropriate in your case, what concentration is needed and how many sessions it is permissible to restore the attractiveness of the face.
- skin areas with the manifestation of rosacea are treated with the last peeling preparations, and are neutralized - the first,
- peeling course for symptoms of rosacea has a limited number of sessions, which should be separated by at least a two-week break,
- during the recovery period after the course, the patient begins pre-oral medication, strengthening the walls of blood vessels and multivitamin complexes with a high content of microelements of the P and K.
The peeling procedure protocol for couperosis is specific. Unlike conventional exfoliation, these sessions are shorter and less frequent, due to the long break between peels the course becomes longer. Therefore, it is better to plan it for the autumn-winter period.
Getting rid of couperosis at home
You can get rid of an unattractive capillary mesh on your face with your own homemade products. It is necessary to conduct self-exfoliation sessions twice a week. To feel the effect of such peels, will have to be patient. But completely natural remedies eliminate the risk of complications.
Peeling with white clay and essential oil
- 4 tbsp. white clay (kaolin powder),
- 2 tsp. grape seed essential oil.
- white clay is diluted with essential oil to a uniform consistency,
- Apply a peeling agent on the face
- after 15 minutes wash off with warm water.
Honey and milk peeling with starch
- 4 tsp. starch,
- 2 tsp. liquid honey
- ½ cup of warm milk.
- mix all the ingredients means
- apply the peeling mixture on the face,
- wash off with warm water after 20 minutes.
Many women, especially in old age, are wondering what kind of facial peeling can be done in case of symptoms of rosacea. Cosmetic treatment of this disease should be selected individually depending on its stage. And the first thing to do is not to prescribe advertised drugs on your own, but to consult with a specialist about the possibility and duration of the course. However, whatever exfoliation is when couperose is used, it cannot be the only solution to the problem. This disease requires complex therapy, including drug therapy. And at stage III - a complete rejection of peels and access to a doctor.