Physical therapy in case of arthrosis is a combination of physical measures prescribed by an orthopedist, rheumatologist or traumatologist. Exercises are prescribed based on the stage of the disease, the patient’s build, his age, habitual physical activity, the volume of daily activities. The program of physical exercises is important to implement strictly in the prescribed amount. Exceeding the load or taking breaks is not recommended. If it is not possible to restore the impaired motor functions of the patient, experts prescribe the use of compensatory and replacement devices.
Tasks and objectives of physical therapy and features of implementation
Assigning to the patient the exercise therapy program, the specialists plan the implementation of the following tasks of physical rehabilitation:
- affect the affected joints in order to preserve their mobility and prevent further impairment of functional ability,
- strengthen the muscles, increase the patient's energy, motivate him to self-care,
- stimulate the metabolism to minimize the feeling of intra-articular stiffness by reducing salt deposits, reducing the intensity of inflammation,
- reduce the degree of pain by adjusting the affected areas of the musculoskeletal system to moderate physical exertion,
- realize rehabilitation and restoration of physical performance,
- improve blood circulation, prevent the development of muscle atrophy.
The primary goal of the prescribed exercise therapy program for patients with arthrosis is to prevent their disability or disability.
Making a plan of classes, the doctor takes into account that passive and active movements in the affected structures of the musculoskeletal system lead to an increase in intra-articular pressure. The gentle nature of physical exercise is necessary to prevent the worsening of the inflammatory process through reperfusion injury mechanisms. The specialist prescribes exercises that do not cause the phenomenon of hypoxia and re-oxygenation.
To minimize the consumption of painkillers and benefit from the exercises, it is important to understand the features of physical therapy in case of arthrosis:
- The basis of classes should be dynamic movements. 9 out of 10 patients are provided with flexibility exercises.
- It is preferable to observe the amplitude of movements (intensity of exercise) at the subclinical level and during the performance of exercise therapy to prevent the development of pain.
- It is advisable to supplement the training with static movements (effort should not exceed 50% of the maximum degree).
- Devote to classes at least 1 hour a day.
- It is contraindicated to exhaust yourself with exercise. If on a certain day the state of health is contrary to the full implementation of the charge, do not need to do for an hour. The main part of physical activity can be divided into several episodes with an interval of 25-30 minutes.
If synovitis is minimal, the main task of charging is to strengthen the periarticular muscular system. Since according to physiological features, the muscular framework performs a damping function, smoothly transferring the impulse of translational motion to the articular surface, it is thus protected from twisting and hypermobility (a pathological phenomenon in which the joint is in a state of looseness).
Recommendations to be followed along with charging
To consolidate the effect obtained due to the correct performance of exercise therapy, patients with arthrosis should adhere to the following recommendations.
|Recommendation||Purpose of her appointment||Extra advice|
|Wearing a low heel steady||Preservation of the center of gravity, reduction of pain syndrome||Move with a cane, use insoles instep supports, wear knee pads|
|Sleep only on a flat surface, without using a pillow||Prevention of muscle tension, increased discomfort in articular structures||Purchase an orthopedic mattress that evenly distributes the load on the musculoskeletal system|
|Short warm-up every 30 minutes||Prevention of long stay in fixed postures||Avoid physical movements that involve jerking them.|
|When working at the computer, staying behind the wheel to keep your back straight, with maximum extension in the lumbar region||Increased respiratory capacity of the lungs, relief of patient pain, strengthening the muscular and musculoskeletal system||If you can not hold your back in the correct position, it is advisable to use a corset - posture corrector|
We must not forget that The benefits of physical therapy for arthrosis need to be fixed by physiotherapeutic methods. However, the joint must be in remission. It is also contraindicated to intensively massage the affected area.
Effective exercises for arthrosis
All assigned exercise therapy program for arthrosis is conditionally divided into 2 parts.
During the first half of the session, the patient selectively performs the exercises mainly to increase the strength of the extensor muscles and the abductor muscles. The purpose of tactics is to support the congruence of the joints, to prevent the formation of secondary arthrosis, to prevent the development of flexion contractures.
Even "neglected" problems with joints can be cured at home! Just do not forget to smear it once a day.
In the second half of the session, the patient performs exercises of a low-grade type designed to strengthen the muscles. The patient should train 2-3 times a week (not in a row).
Exercise therapy for the knee joint
In case of arthrosis of the knee joint, the following exercises are effective:
- Heat up the knee. With this you need to start absolutely all types of exercise therapy programs for inflammation of the knee joint. To normalize blood circulation, it is enough to perform the rubbing and patting of the affected area, without forgetting to pay attention to the popliteal fossa. First perform the action clockwise, then against it. The total time spent is 1-2 minutes.
- Take a vertical position, put a chair in front of you. Hold the chair with one hand and grab the outside of the foot with the other. Bending the leg at the knee, fix yourself in this position for 15-25 seconds (depending on the individual physical fitness, age, stage of the disease).
- If the patient's age does not allow performing more complex exercises, in case of osteoarthritis of the knees, the most elementary action can be performed. To do this, lie on your back. Then pull both legs at the same time, trying as best as possible to straighten them at the knees. Action to be repeated at least 5 times. It is preferable to perform it in the morning, preparing yourself to exercise during the day.
As for the most popular exercise called “bicycle”, it should be performed in the supine position for no more than 10 seconds and only if the knees are fully preheated.
Therapeutic exercise for the hip joint
With inflammation of the hip joint, exercise therapy involves the following actions:
- lying on your back, bend your knees gently, straighten your legs, placing them shoulder-width apart. The feet turn their fingers inward. Acceptable number of repetitions - 10 times. In the same position, slowly spread the legs to the side. Repeat at least 15 times
- having settled down on the side, raise, and then move aside the leg with the affected articular articulation, but you need to keep it straight,
- lying on your stomach, alternately lift the right and then the left leg. Bending them in the knees or making other provisions is not necessary, because in this case, physiotherapy exercises will not have the effect
- the “bike” action should be performed at a slow, steady pace for no more than 25 seconds,
- kneel down Taking a breath, take the leg bent at the knee to the side. On the exhale, return it to its original position. Repeat for each leg 5 times.
The listed type of physical therapy excludes axial load on the affected joint. It is forbidden to perform squats abruptly, excessive load is contraindicated, it is highly undesirable to increase the amplitude of extensive movements.
Exercise therapy for the shoulder joint
In case of inflammation of the shoulder joint, orthopedists prescribe:
- lowering and raising shoulders. With this exercise, begin the complex. You can perform the action alternately right and left shoulder or two at the same time,
- circular movements of the shoulder joints. Hands put on the shoulders. Perform movements first forward and then back. In each direction it is enough to perform 15 times. It does not require much effort, and the benefits of action are great,
- "Castle". Action performed in a standing position. Arms are placed behind the back, bent at the elbow joints, and closed. If strong pains, excess weight, age or stage of pathology do not allow to fully connect the hands, the action can be performed as much as possible and preparation.
People suffering from arthrosis of the shoulder joint, you need to fully warm the affected area to prepare for the implementation of a more complex exercise. The movement is called a “hug”. Place your left hand on your right shoulder, and your right hand on your left. Elbows should be raised to the highest possible height. Fingertips touch the back. Repeat the action 5 times. Monitor well-being: increased intra-articular discomfort is a contraindication to continue the exercise.
The complex of measures for medical rehabilitation is aimed at providing assistance to patients with joint damage, as a result, people recover and adapt to life in society. All actions of exercise therapy complexes should be carried out slowly, avoiding sudden movements. The patient's task is to follow the recommendations of the doctor. And if there is a deterioration in well-being, inform him that the specialist should immediately make adjustments to the prescribed exercise therapy program for arthrosis.
Why Shiatsu and physical education can help with arthritis?
You probably know such a theory (unfortunately, I do not remember who put forward it). It lies in the fact that the body sooner or later adapts to everything, whether it be weather conditions or illness. We can observe this adaptation in a fast manner on physical exertion: today you lift 5 kilograms, and in a month - all 15 already. The essence of arthrosis is that your diseased organism adapts to itself. That is, you simply start to hurt even more. But if you start to somehow engage in giving loads to your joints, then in theory you can make it so that the process of wear of the fabrics or their adaptability to themselves goes backwards. This is done with the help of certain physical activities.
Very many people said: if you exercise correctly, without hurrying, working through each, then it will take quite a bit of time - and you will feel that it becomes easier for you. The physical exercise itself is a powerful weapon, and if it is done incorrectly, it can serve you and to the detriment. So: if you practice and, on the contrary, feel pain and you only get worse, it means that you either picked up the exercises wrongly, or just take the time to do them, in general, you are doing something wrong.
There are several principles by which you should be guided when choosing a Shiatsu treatment, and indeed all physical activities:
total physiological stress on the joints,
the course of the joint without certain stresses,
the course of the joint with stresses
the total stroke of the joint that you want to recover,
your internal state.
All exercises need to be done with the calculation of the load on the joints, no need to lose sight of the loads that your joint will have to do throughout the day. Exercises can be performed with or without a load; some people think that exercises performed without a load are a waste of time, and that if now how to load the joint, then it will be easier. This is fundamentally the wrong course of thought! Exercises without load have a very good effect on the joints, even with attacks of severe pain, if you do exercises without load for a long time, the pain subsides (though not everyone has enough patience, because sometimes you need to do exercises for more than an hour without increasing tempo).
Physical activity is definitely worth controlling. So, if you get better, then you should slowly increase the load, and if you, on the contrary, get worse and the pain suddenly starts, then you should reduce the load until it stops hurting.
How joints should move. In total there can be two types of movement of the joint, we talked about them above.
movement of the joint is not loaded. For example, you sit on a chair or hang on a horizontal bar and, without touching the ground or the floor, begin to make movements, straightening and bending the leg,
movement of the loaded joint. Everything is much simpler here: it happens at that moment when you just go somewhere. Your legs support the weight of your own body.
You might think that the movement of a joint without a load cannot lead to anything good at all. But you are very much mistaken. With severe exacerbations of arthrosis, when you can’t really walk, there can be no talk about any stress on the joint. But small movements without load can help you very much, even to relieve a certain pain in the joints. The only problem is that these small movements need to be done very, very long and slowly, without sharp jerks. It may simply not have enough patience. And those people who make these movements abruptly and quickly are mistaken, as a rule, this method of treatment does not lead to anything.
Doing the leg kicks, you improve the mobility of the joint, while the load does not enter the joint, the limbs reduce the pain in the joint. Exercises with a load on the joint are more suitable for the final stage of treatment when the pain in the joints has become insignificant. This is a kind of addition to the maxims: squatting on one leg, pushing the other leg to the side or, if it is more convenient, back. Exercise with the same effect - this, lying on your side, on the floor, lift your leg up and to the side. Such exercises should be done extremely carefully, as they can lead to complications.
The emotional state of a person suffering from arthritis also plays an important role, since very often the pain in the joints aggravates after the person is nervous. I give you a short list of exercises for people with hip joint arthrosis:
Sitting on a chair - the feet of the feet are on the floor - you need to slowly make small fluctuations in hips from side to side, the amplitude of the movements performed should not exceed 1 cm.
Lying on the floor, on the stomach, make small movements with the pelvis from side to side.
Mahi straight leg back and forth, performed in a standing position.
Without bending the supporting leg in the knee, do lunges with the other leg forward.
The following list is for people with osteoarthritis of the knee:
Sitting on a high chair or table so that your legs are hanging, perform light shakes with your foot.
We try to stand on the floor with the sick knee, first we perform half-heartedly, that is, not with the whole body weight, and then it will be possible to stand completely on the knee.
Crawling on all fours on the carpet. It is possible to proceed to such an exercise only after you have fully mastered the exercise at number 2.
Do not reach the pain, do a half-squat.
Education: Diploma in "General Medicine" received in 2009 at the Medical Academy. I.M. Sechenov.In 2012, completed a postgraduate course in the specialty "Traumatology and Orthopedics" in the City Clinical Hospital. Botkin at the Department of Traumatology, Orthopedics and Disaster Surgery.
Top 5 recipes from nail fungus
15 substances that speed up the brain and improve memory
Osteoarthritis is a disease of the joints that is considered dystrophic and associated with the slow destruction of cartilage inside the joint. With arthrosis over time, changes occur, restructuring of the articular ends of the bones, inflammatory processes and degeneration of the periarticular tissues occur.
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is the deformation and destruction of cartilage tissue. The disease has a chronic degenerative nature, accompanied by pain of various strengths. It can lead to its complete immobilization, loss of functionality. The disease develops more often in women than in men.
Osteoarthritis of the hip joint is a very complex disease in which the destruction of the hyaline cartilage, which is lined with the surface of the femoral head (has a spherical shape), and the acetabulum. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative-distraphic disease that most often develops in the elderly.
Osteoarthritis of the shoulder joint is a fairly common problem that most older people face. This chronic and rapidly progressive degenerative disease affects both men and women. As a result of the development of arthrosis, not only cartilage tissue is affected, but also bone tissue.
Arthrosis of the ankle joint is a disease in which the development of degenerative processes in cartilage tissues occurs. With the progression of arthrosis in the cartilage of the joint, irreversible processes begin to occur, which cause serious consequences. Today, modern medicine classifies ankle arthrosis as follows.
Proteins and carbohydrates can not be combined in one dish. Moreover, you can not eat fruit after meat. The speed of fruit digestion is 15–20 minutes. The speed of digestion of animal proteins is about 2 hours. Therefore, the digested fruits are not evacuated from the stomach until the meat is digested.
Another real life story. One, a woman who lived alone, suffered from arthrosis, rheumatism and polyarthritis and there was no one to help her. She could not even get to work, because the pain of the knee joints brought her to fainting. Doctors told her that they could no longer help at this stage of the disease.
The effectiveness of gymnastics, its benefits, goals and objectives
The main advantage of the exercises is their ability to simultaneously influence locally on the cartilaginous tissue of the ulnar area and on the entire body. This leads to an acceleration of the healing process and the restoration of normal motor function.
Thanks to therapeutic gymnastics, muscles are trained, elasticity of the ligaments returns. This has a positive effect on the production of synovial fluid in the joint, which is normally produced only with slight friction of the articular surfaces.
Objectives of exercise for arthrosis for the elbow joint:
- relieve pain,
- regain muscle tone
- make the tendons elastic,
- prevent stagnation of blood in the affected tissue and the appearance of edema,
- stimulate the production of synovial fluid.
The tasks of physical therapy in case of arthrosis of the elbow joint:
- return the normal mobility of the joint,
- prevent further development of arthrosis,
- eliminate pain.
With proper selection of the complex of exercises, the first effects in the form of a decrease in the intensity of symptoms will appear after 2-4 weeks of active training.
Principles of implementation
Do exercises for the treatment of arthrosis of the elbow joint is only after consultation with the doctor. The specialist will help you choose the right set of training appropriate to the specific stage of the disease. What can be done at the first stage should not be applied at the last.
In addition to exercise therapy, prescribed medication and physiotherapy.
It is recommended to start exercise therapy immediately after the diagnosis of pathology. A set of exercises will need to perform for life, adjusting only the sequence and list of movements.
During the selection of therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the elbow joint is taken into account:
- The age of the patient. The older the age group, the less intense workouts are assigned.
- The physical condition of the ligament apparatus. If there are violations of the integrity of the ligaments or tendons, then pick up passive or very simple static exercises.
- Stage of development of arthrosis. At the first stages, standard exercise complexes will do. On the last - the load is minimal or eliminated altogether, up to the partial restoration of cartilage tissue using other methods of treatment.
During workouts should be avoided.:
- strong pain,
- inventory use more than 1-2 kg,
- the appearance of swelling as a result of overstressed muscles and ligaments.
All movements must be performed after warming up. To do this, you can perform compression and unclenching of fingers, flexion in the elbow. You can do a light massage, taking into account the direction of lymph flow (from the fingers of the hand to the shoulder). Rubbing for 5–7 minutes is suitable for heating.
To maintain the normal state of the elbow joint, it is recommended to perform exercises in the morning. This will prepare the joint for the further implementation of the complex of exercises.
In the morning, immediately after waking up, do the following exercises.:
Body position lying down. Try to collect the sheets a little with your fingers and let it go without moving your forearm.
Before performing the exercises, it is recommended to rub a hand a little, avoiding the affected area and strong pressure. Each action is performed 8-10 times.
If you want to train in addition the wrist joint, learn about the nuances of the process in this article.
Gymnastics at home
The complex of exercises at home should begin with a warm-up, gradually starting the basic exercises. It is important to monitor your feelings and well-being: when pain occurs, it is recommended to reduce the load or stop the exercise.
Gymnastics with arthritis of the elbow in a sitting position:
Place your hands on a flat surface. Bending your elbows, clench your fists for about 30 seconds. Then relax. Do the manipulation 8-10 times.
Short charge for the elbow in case of arthrosis while standing:
Feet shoulder width apart. Bend your arms in elbows and press to your chest. Then take them to the side, straightening your elbows. Do the exercise 10–12 times for each arm.
In this article, read how to train at home.
In case of arthrosis of the elbow joint, a positive effect on the damaged joint has a complex of strength exercises or exercise therapy in the gym.
During training, it is important to avoid exercises that lead to excessive extension of the joint, at first you should not use weights or use a small weight, use painkillers. With the appearance of pain you need to reduce the load or stop doing the exercise.
Each workout begins with a warm-up, which consists of amplitude, few dynamic exercises.:
Bending and unbending the arms in the elbows forward ‐ back and to the side.
There is no clear number of repetitions of each exercise. Warm up should be done within 5-7 minutes.
To restore the normal amplitude of the damaged joint, stretching is suitable - exercises that are aimed at systematic stretching of muscles. They can be performed at the beginning or end of a workout. Each stretching exercise should last no more than 30 seconds.
Gymnastics in the gym to strengthen the periarticular muscles and repair the joint:
Training on an elliptical or rowing machine: 5‒8 minutes at the beginning and end of the session.
In addition to training in the gym when restoring the elbow joint, you can go swimming. The effectiveness of the swims lies in the fact that the main load falls on the periarticular muscles, the joint itself remains almost motionless.
Gymnastics in the gym can be accompanied by a medical complex according to Bubnovsky. Read more about it here.
The Bubnovsky complex is an exercise aimed at restoring the mobility of the affected joint and restarting normal blood flow in the periarticular tissues.
Along with exercise, breathing exercises and drinking discipline play an important role. Gymnastics cannot be started after meals. During the run it is imperative to drink plenty of fluids and breathe “full breasts”.
The load should be increased gradually and smoothly move to the main movements. At the beginning, the number of repetitions should be minimal, then it is recommended to gradually increase it, bringing it to 10-15 times.
If you have not previously exercised or were not regular, you should start with elementary, adaptive workouts with this algorithm.:
Squat down, focusing on the heels, hands must be raised up and "draw" them a circle. Hands should be kept straight and in tension.
Repeat each exercise 3-4 times.
For pain in the elbow, do the exercises.:
Make circular movements with arms bent at the elbows to the left and then to the right.
Make every movement for osteoarthritis 3-4 times, 3 sets.
Positive effect on the restoration of the joint according to the method of Bubnovsky have pushups from the wall. They are done 4–5 times, 3 approaches.
The general principles of training for arthrosis of the shoulder according to Bubnovsky read in this article.
Before the gymnastics learn the basic rules of its implementation.:
- exercise with arthrosis daily 1-2 times, at least 3-4 weeks.
- do all exercises while sitting,
- do not rush to finish gymnastics before it is required by exercise therapy,
- be attentive and focused on recovery,
- do not let the pain in the joints
- increase the load on the limbs gradually,
- repeat every movement with arthrosis from 3 to 5 times.
The following is a description of basic gymnastic exercises to eliminateorreduce pain in the elbow jointby the method of rheumatologist Pavel Evdokimenko:
Suppose you have a pain in your right upper limb. Bend it in the elbow and pull it to you. With your left hand, take your right hand. Start it slowly pull down until the moment of light pain. Strain a sore limb, experiencing a feeling of resistance. Hold her in this state for 5–7 seconds. Relax it and pull the brush down even more for 5‒7 seconds. Repeat the cycle 2 more times. The main thing is not to let acute pain.
Exercises in the pool
The following is a description of the gymnastic movements in the treatment of arthrosis of the elbow joint in the pool. Starting position: you are standing in the pool, feet shoulder-width apart, water at the level of the thoracic section.
Do gymnastics in the pool for arthrosis of the elbow:
Upper limbs are placed under water in the "castle". Without uncoupling your fingers, turn the palms of your palms up and pull your arms up. Perform 3-4 times.
Do not perform exercise therapy for arthrosis, if you have:
- elbow injury or sprains, muscles of joints,
- aggravation of the pathology of the elbow joint, accompanied by pain,
- body temperature above 36.9 ºС
- infectious disease (ARVI, tonsillitis),
- surgery on the sore joint was less than 3 months ago.
The benefits of exercise therapy and exercises for osteoarthritis of the knee joint
Feasible physical exercises are part of the medical complex of various diseases of the knee, including arthrosis. Symptoms of this disease are pain and stiffness of movements, the cause of which may be the inflammatory process in this part of the limb. Therapeutic gymnastics for osteoarthritis of the knee joint is held in remission.
It is important that the pain and other unpleasant feelings be reduced to zero, otherwise there is a risk to aggravate the situation.
Osteoarthritis is associated with atrophic changes in the muscles around the knee, caused by stiffness or lack of movement. Therefore, you need to perform exercises that give a feasible load to the muscles and ligaments in the affected area and at the same time spare the knee joint. A special complex of exercise therapy for arthrosis of the knee copes well with this task.
Rules for exercise therapy
A positive result is possible only subject to the rules. These include the following requirements:
- constant monitoring of blood pressure before training and after a 5-10 minute rest after exercise,
- all exercises should be smooth, because sudden movements can hurt,
- it is necessary to increase the intensity and number of repetitions gradually and after consultation with a specialist,
- Exercise should be regular.
For any unpleasant sensations, especially pain, the implementation of any exercise should be stopped.
Set of exercises
The main rule of loading for patients with such a disease is the absence of unpleasant sensations, first of all it concerns pain, which in no case should not grow.
Charging for osteoarthritis of the knee joint contains static and dynamic exercises, while the main part should be assigned to the first type. This will reduce the load on the joints and increase muscle.
At the same time, there are concepts of static and dynamic complexes. In the first case, the exercise is performed 1 time.
Lying on your back
Physical culture with arthritis in most cases is performed supine. Effective gymnastics is the following complex:
- Lie on your back, lower and upper limbs straighten. Alternately straighten socks on yourself and on your own. The number of repetitions - 5-15.
- The starting position is similar to the previous one. Alternately raise and lower the straight leg at the hip joint. Make sure your knees do not bend. The number of repetitions - 5-15.
- Lying on your back with straight legs you need to bend them in the knee, pulling up to the stomach, and then straighten it. The number of repetitions - 5-15.
- Lie on your back, stretch your arms and bend your legs at the hip joints. Alternately reduce and dilute the lower limbs. Make sure your knees do not bend. The number of repetitions - 5-15.
- Starting position - lying on your back. Movement, simulating cycling. In this movement should be smooth. The number of repetitions - 5-30.
- Roll over on one side, lean on a bent arm, put a second one in front of you. Raise and lower the straight leg, gradually increase the amplitude. Make sure the knee does not bend. The number of repetitions - 5-15. Between the complexes for each leg is recommended to take a short break.
Exercises on the abdomen have a beneficial effect not only on the state of all the muscles of the body. For arthrosis of the knee, the following exercises are shown:
- Lie on the stomach. Rest your hands, bending them in the elbow joints. Alternately lift the legs, while separating the pelvis from the floor.
- Exercise "Cobra". Lie on your stomach, lean your hands on the floor and raise your torso, straightening your arms.
When standing on your feet is the maximum load. Therefore, when performing charging, you need to be extremely careful. The following are effective:
- Walking on the spot. At the same time you should try to raise your knees high.
- Flexion and extension of the knees. To keep the balance you can hold the support. The amplitude should be maximum. The number of repetitions - 8-10.
- Sticking to the support or holding hands on the waist, first rise on the toes, and then, without lifting the feet from the floor, stand on the heels. The number of repetitions - 25.
Sitting on a chair
For charging, you can only use a steady chair. When arthrosis shows the following load:
- Sit on the chair, lean back. Straighten the leg, lift it parallel to the floor, hold for 30-60 seconds, then slowly lower and relax. Repeat similar actions on the other. The number of repetitions - 5-10.
- Sitting on a chair, roll a stick or a ball for a short distance. The number of repetitions - 10-60.
Exercise therapy in water
Exercises in water can eliminate pain arising from the movement of a joint and increase its functionality, as well as improve any condition of the body. But this effect is possible only with regular training. With osteoarthritis of the knee, you can perform the following exercises:
- bending the legs at the knee, for which it must first be raised and then only bent at an angle of 45 ° (up to 30 minutes daily)
- swimming breaststroke
- swing legs, while you can hold on to the edge of the pool,
- straight leg rises to the side
- squats, do them need to stand with his back to the wall of the pool,
- circular movements of small and large diameter,
- stretching the hamstring, for which you need to stand with your back against the wall of the pool, strain your thigh muscles and buttocks, and then stretch your leg to feel the tendon tension,
- walks around the pool.
Yoga is characterized by smooth and leisurely movements, which means it is suitable for patients with arthrosis of the knee. Such exercises help to keep the ligamentous apparatus in good shape. But patients with knee diseases should use kneecaps, do warm-ups beforehand and follow all instructions of the instructor correctly.
At home, the following actions are effective:
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Bend forward, touching the fingers. Stay in this position for a while, no more than 3 seconds, and then slowly get up.
- Sit on the floor, stretching his legs. Slowly lean forward, trying to get to the stop. Hold for a few seconds.
- Sitting on the floor, lean back and lean on your elbows. After that, raise the legs, which are then alternately bent and unbend. The duration of the procedure is 2-4 minutes.
- Roll over on the stomach, then bend the leg at the knee and unbend at least 50 times.
This complex is safe for feet, so it can be repeated several times a day. This will help relieve the knee and prevent exacerbation of the disease. These exercises are shown for the elderly with arthrosis too.
Physical culture with such a diagnosis will definitely benefit. Literally after several sessions, the patient will be able to note a decrease in pain in the area of the affected joint and a significant increase in motor activity.
Systematic charging in case of arthrosis of the knee joint strengthens the muscle tissue, thus reducing the load on the affected joints. Due to physical activity, it is possible to improve blood circulation, which allows to eliminate inflammation and quickly restore damage to bones and cartilage.
In addition, physical education helps to keep the whole body in good shape, normalizes the psycho-emotional state. This significantly improves the prognosis of the disease.
Yoga classes for arthritis
With the development of osteoarthritis of the knee joint, yoga is very useful. Thanks to the implementation of smooth and light movements can reduce the load on the knees. Such gymnastics is useful for people of different ages, including elderly patients.
Yoga helps to strengthen muscles and joints. There is no need to strain or make an effort. The main thing is to properly perform the movement to prevent muscle strain.
All exercises can be performed in a sitting or even lying position, thus avoiding pain and discomfort. That is why yoga is very popular among people with such a diagnosis.
Yoga has a number of positive points:
- allows you to gently warm the muscles
- Yoga does not imply the execution of aggressive exercises that can provoke damage to the cartilage tissue,
- Yoga tones the joints and eliminates muscle spasm.
Improve the state will help such a set of exercises:
- Take a straight position, legs should be placed shoulder-width apart, arms lowered. Maximum tilt the torso and reach out to the toes. At the same time knees can not bend. If you cannot reach it, you should clasp the back of your lower leg and lock in this position for 1 minute.
- Sit down, straighten your legs and, controlling your posture, try to lean forward. Try not to bend the limbs. Do this exercise for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the same position and gradually recline, leaning on your elbows. Gradually lift the legs, trying to bend and straighten them. This exercise takes 2-4 minutes.
If you exercise regularly, yoga will help to completely get rid of the disease. It has a beneficial effect on the joints. In addition, yoga perfectly strengthens muscle tissue.
Therapeutic gymnastics Muslim Dzhamaldinova
This complex can be performed even in the period of exacerbation and active inflammatory process. Gymnastics (video tells how to do the exercises correctly) should be performed every day. This will help reduce pain.
The complex of exercises for osteoarthritis of the knees includes the following actions:
- Imitation of walking. Starting position - sitting on a chair. Feet need to "go", while the heels can not be raised. Socks need to be raised alternately and then lowered. In this case, hands need to stroke the knees and hips. If the pain began to decrease, then the exercise can be repeated, lifting the heels from the floor.
- A similar exercise, but now you need to move the heel, and the sock does not tear off the floor.
- Sitting on a chair legs apart. Without lifting the heel from the floor, remove the socks first inside, and then out. This exercise can be done in another way. Take the socks in and out with the knee.
- Sit on a chair, lift your legs and straighten in front of you. Take turns to bend and unbend. The ankle should be without movement. Knees and hips during the exercise must be massaged.
- Sitting on a chair legs apart a little. Lean forward and get close to your fingers. Do the same with straightened legs.
Imitation of walking is recommended to perform at the beginning, middle and end of the complex for the treatment of arthrosis. To complete the charge you need to rub the limbs.
This gymnastics for sick knees is shown to be performed in order to restore the joints after injuries, inflammatory processes, reduce joint stiffness and treat diseases in the initial stages. The first training should be carried out under the supervision of a coach. You need to start with a warm-up, and finish with a massage and stretching. The duration of training is allowed to gradually increase, and for the first time enough 60 seconds. The exercises are as follows:
- Lie on your back, pull your legs to the stomach, and then alternately straighten and bend them.
- In the same position to extend the lower limbs, and then alternately need to bend the legs and lift the foot.
- At the same time, bend one leg and bend the other, while lying down.
- Leg pressed to his chest, hold it, and then straighten and relax. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Raise the leg to a height of 30 cm, without bending the knee, and hold it in this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Exercise "Bicycle" with a gradual increase in rhythm.
- To lie on the stomach, bend the leg at the knee and try to get it to the buttocks. Repeat the action of the other limb.
- Sit on a chair, then slowly raise the leg parallel to the floor and hold it in this position for 5 seconds.
- Grasp the support and lift your legs alternately.
Evdokimenko Pavel Valerievich - resuscitation doctor. He is the author of the complex for arthrosis of the legs. Performing 9 exercises allows you to get quick results:
- Lying on a flat surface, raise the leg, forming an angle of 15 °, hold it in that position for 25-40 seconds, and then slowly lower it. When performing the exercise, all parts of the body, except the legs, should be fixed. The number of repetitions - 10-12.
- Lie on the stomach. Bend one leg at a 90 ° angle, and then lift it by 10 °. Hold 25-40 seconds. Repeat with the other leg. The number of repetitions - 10-12.
- This exercise is only suitable for people who have previously played sports and have trained muscles. You need to lie on your stomach. Raise the legs by 15 °, then fold and spread the legs. The number of repetitions - 8-10.
- Lie on its side, bend the lower leg in the knee, and straighten the second. Now slowly lift the upper leg by 40 ° and stop for 35 seconds. Repeat the exercise, turning to the other side.
- Sit on the chair, straighten the leg and lift it as high as possible. Hold for 30-40 seconds and slowly lower. A similar action to repeat the second foot. The number of repetitions - 2-3.
- Stand near the chair, lean on his back. Get up on your toes, stay in this position for 20-30 seconds, then slowly go down, and you need to make sure that your calf muscles relax. The number of repetitions - 10-15.
- Repeat the previous exercise, standing on your heels.
- Put one foot on the toe, the other fully rest on the floor. Slowly change position, rolling from toe to heel. Do not bend the knee.
- Sit on the chair, rub the muscles of the hips, making vigorous movements for 3 minutes.
To end the exercise you need to stroking the hips from the top down.
Therapeutic physical training Norbekova
The goal of physical education is to restore the joint in arthritis and arthritis. To achieve this goal, exercises should be done daily. The duration of the first workout is about 15 minutes. In the future, you can bring up to 30 minutes.
Physical culture was developed on the basis of ancient Chinese medicine, therefore it is able to restore the functional abilities of the joints. The knee complex consists of the following exercises:
- alternate rotation of the knees in different directions,
- alternate rotation of the legs, first in the inner side, and then in the outer,
- pressure on the knee area with effort, but at the same time there should be no discomfort.
Gymnastics cannot be considered a universal remedy for osteoarthritis of the knee. Performing special exercises is only part of complex therapy. Therefore, you must first consult with your doctor and get the appropriate appointment.