To take measures to prevent neoplasms, you need to know where the cancer comes from, its signs, symptoms, causes, etc.
To date, the mechanism of the transformation of healthy cells into cancer cells is not yet clear. Various studies have shown that the cause of lung cancer is carcinogens, which enter the body during breathing. They have the ability to influence cell regeneration. Other reasons include:
Lung Cancer Prevention Measures
The task of preventing a malignant disease is to reduce the influence of negative factors on health and, if possible, eliminate them altogether.
Specialists have developed methods aimed at reducing the risk of developing the disease. Such a program conditionally consists of two components:
Oncological prophylaxis (primary or primary),
Clinical prophylaxis (secondary or medical)
These methods are based on several simple but effective conditions:
Categorical refusal of smoking
Strict adherence to a special diet,
The use of anti-cancer drugs.
Folk remedies for the prevention of lung cancer
Many centuries ago, folk remedies helped reduce the risk of developing various diseases. They were used to reduce the likelihood and completely eliminate cancer diseases that are widespread today.
The experience of traditional medicine in cancer prevention gives preference to a balanced diet. Here it should be noted:
Reducing the incidence of cancer helps with the rejection of fried and fatty foods,
The use of fruits and vegetables in large quantities strengthens the immune system,
Lean sea fish should be on the table as often as possible,
It is recommended to use iodized salt,
Reducing coffee consumption, replacing it with green tea,
Drinking only filtered water
Many herbs, plants - medunitsa, milk thistle, blueberry leaves, sea buckthorn, viburnum - are good means of preventing lung cancers.
Traditional recipes provide effective assistance to the methods of official medicine for the prevention and treatment of lung cancer, when combined with regular exercise, serious sports.
Education: He graduated from the residency in the "Russian Scientific Oncological Center named. N. N. Blokhin "and received a diploma in" Oncologist "
Flax seeds - what do they treat and why do they all eat them?
How to easily reduce cholesterol without drugs at home?
In folk medicine, there are many recommendations and prescriptions for treating cancer using mainly the healing properties of plants. Plants that are used in traditional medicine to treat cancer can restrain the growth of tumors, destroy the affected cells and allow healthy cells to grow.
In the structure of cancer, this is one of the most common pathologies. The basis of lung cancer is malignant degeneration of the epithelium of the lung tissue and impaired air exchange. The disease is characterized by high mortality. The main risk group is smoking men aged 50-80 years. Feature of modern.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women. The relevance of the disease increased in the late seventies of the last century. The disease was characterized by a primary lesion of women over the age of fifty years.
Stomach cancer is a malignant degeneration of gastric epithelial cells. In the disease, 71-95% of cases are associated with the defeat of the stomach walls by the bacteria Helicobacter Pylori and are among the common cancers of people aged 50 to 70 years. In men, gastric cancer is diagnosed 10–20% more often than in women of the same age.
Cervical cancer (cervical cancer) is a virus-dependent oncologic disease. The primary tumor is a reborn glandular tissue (adenocarcinoma) or squamous cell carcinoma of the reproductive organ. Sick women from 15 to 70 years. Between the ages of 18 and 40, the disease is a significant cause of early death.
Skin cancer is a disease that gets its development from stratified squamous epithelium, which is a malignant tumor. Most often, it appears on open areas of the skin, the appearance of a tumor on the face is very high, the nose and forehead, as well as the corners of the eyes and ears are most susceptible. The body of such education "do not like" and are formed.
Intestinal cancer is a malignant degeneration of the glandular epithelium of the predominantly colon or rectum. In the first stages, flaccid symptoms that distract from the primary pathology and resemble a disorder of the gastrointestinal tract are characteristic. The leading radical treatment is surgical excision of the affected tissue.
The main danger of malignant tumors
Cancer is an insidious disease, because in the initial stages it almost does not manifest itself. This is especially true for lung cancer: the absolute number of sick people are smokers, and for them cough is not a sign of something serious. They get used to the fact that smoking is almost always accompanied by a cough, and do not pay attention to it. They can be frightened only by the presence of blood particles in the sputum and the fact that the cough is becoming stronger and more debilitating. But unfortunately, this is no longer the primary form of the disease. Most likely, the cancerous tumor is not limited to the epithelium and has sprouted into the deep structures of the airways.
The patient has shortness of breath, because oxygen starvation develops in the tissues and respiratory insufficiency occurs. In the affected lung, ventilation is disturbed and it is gradually turned off from the gas exchange process.
Dangerous disease and complications: in case of malignant neoplasms of the lung tissue, an inflammatory process of the outer lining of the organ (pleurisy) joins, which leads to accumulation of fluid in the pleural cavity. And also often associated secondary infection, which entails pneumonia.
The causes of the development of malignant tumors of the lungs
Environmental conditions are constantly deteriorating and this is reflected in the inhabitants of large cities:
- the work of many enterprises and road transport give smoke and smog. At the same time the air is saturated with carcinogens that we breathe,
- but worse is that most people also add them to their bodies quite consciously. This danger is the main and is called nicotine addiction. The burning of tobacco produces an incredible amount of toxic substances and compounds. More dangerous are cigarettes with a low price and without a filter: there is practically no tobacco in them, but only synthetic gums that destroy the respiratory organs much faster. Getting into them, carcinogens are deposited and damage the epithelium. Smokers' lungs are distinguished by a dark shade, which indicates their defeat and the oppression of the main functions. Healthy cells are destroyed, and toxic substances from the bloodstream are carried throughout the body,
- it is much more dangerous to often be close to amateur “raising” - passive smokers are at a higher risk of developing malignant tumors due to the inhalation of cigarette combustion products,
- hereditary factor: if in the past one of your relatives suffered from lung cancer, disease prevention for you should become an integral part of life. Also, the risk group includes people with chronic inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system.
The disease debuts asymptomatically, which predetermines the neglect of the process. But if you are a heavy smoker and often feel weak and apathetic, as if the temperature rises for no reason and becomes passive, pay attention to your health. Sometimes this is accompanied by frequent and severe headaches, reduced mobility and pupil size, and even a change in eye color. All this should alert and motivate a comprehensive survey.
If you often and painfully cough, even with the release of bloody sputum, shortness of breath and chest pain, progressive loss of weight, you can not hesitate - you must urgently seek medical help.
First of all - to eliminate or at least significantly reduce the impact of external factors that adversely affect the state of health. At the state level, to improve the environmental situation, there are special programs to combat air pollution and optimize working conditions in hazardous industries.
Prevention of lung cancer is based on the promotion of a healthy lifestyle. First of all, you need to follow simple, but very effective rules:
- stop smoking completely - the respiratory system is gradually cleared and restored, which will reduce the risk of lung cancer,
- give up other bad habits: drinking alcohol. They significantly reduce immunity and increase the likelihood of developing tumors,
- if you are at risk of adverse factors of production, minimize contact with heavy metals and asbestos dust, when working in hazardous workshops, use protective equipment for the respiratory organs (masks, respirators, etc.),
- think about changing jobs, if it is associated with inhalation of toxic substances,
- eat rationally, more fruits and vegetables. Do not eat fried, fatty foods and fast food - these are sources of carcinogens. Nutritionists develop special menu options that prevent the development of malignant pathologies. They include healthy foods: lean white meat (chicken, turkey), sea lean fish, nuts and grains, dried fruits and citrus fruits, natural dark chocolate, greens and tomatoes,
- timely treat inflammatory diseases of the lungs,
- control your weight - obesity increases the risk of developing tumors several times. Avoid products with fast carbohydrates (pastries, sweets, carbonated drinks with high glucose, etc.),
- move more, because hypodynamia leads to congestion in the lungs, which can trigger the development of cancer.
- do morning exercises and walk at a moderate pace for at least half an hour daily. It will strengthen the immune system and improve blood circulation, reduce blood sugar levels,
- Ventilate the premises regularly and thoroughly, because they accumulate pathogenic microflora that can cause the growth of malignant cells.
These activities are the main prevention of the development of the disease. There is also a secondary prevention, aimed at regular surveys of various age categories of citizens. Once a year, a chest X-ray is performed, and for smokers, and bronchoscopy. For those at risk, low-dose computed tomography is used to detect tumors in the lung in the early stages.
Lung cancer is the most common cancer that often has an unfavorable prognosis. To prevent it, you need to be attentive to health. Your life and health are in your hands - do not ignore prevention, and at the slightest suspicion, use modern diagnostic methods to establish an accurate diagnosis and receive adequate treatment.
Causes of lung cancer
The cause of almost any malignant disease is damage to DNA cells that occur under the influence of various environmental factors. In particular, these risk factors for lung cancer can be:
- inhalation of various harmful substances (resins, esters, coke, etc.),
- work in hazardous industries,
- professional contact with toxic chemicals and heavy metals,
- radiation exposure,
- the presence of chronic lung diseases,
- the presence of neoplastic diseases of other organs,
- genetic predisposition,
- age over 50 years,
- endocrine disorders (especially in women).
Lung cancer is a malignant neoplasm that develops from lung epithelial tissue.
The mechanisms of transformation of healthy cells into cancer cells are currently not fully understood. And yet, thanks to a large amount of scientific research, it became known that there is a group of chemical substances, carcinogens, capable of causing malignant cell degeneration.
The first cause of lung cancer is inhalation of carcinogens. According to statistics, people who smoke have lung cancer more often than non-smokers. About 80% of patients suffering from this disease are smokers. Burning tobacco releases toxic carcinogens that cause cancer. The probability of its occurrence increases in proportion to the number of cigarettes smoked and smoking experience. Also of great danger are non-filter cigarettes made from cheap varieties of tobacco.
Tobacco smoke is a great danger not only for the smoker himself, but also for the people around him. The smoker inhales only a small part of the smoke, and the remaining 80% of this smoke exhales into the air. Family members of smokers have lung cancer 1.5-2 times more often than non-smokers.
For lung cancer has a direct relationship and air pollution. Residents of large cities inhale thousands of carcinogens that are released into the air by the combustion of motor vehicles and factories. There is an increased risk of lung cancer among workers in the woodworking, metallurgical, steel, phosphate and ceramic asbestos-cement industries, and miners.
Lung Cancer Symptoms
Symptoms of lung cancer are:
- shortness of breath,
- pain in the chest,
- loss of body weight,
In lung cancer, paroxysmal, coughing is noted. The latter may be causeless, as well as associated with physical activity, inhalation of cold air or lying down. In central lung cancer, sputum is greenish-yellow in color.
Hemoptysis (sputum) is one of the most characteristic specific symptoms of lung cancer. Blood can be mixed with sputum and have a pinkish tint. It can also be bright scarlet, in the form of streaks or in dark clots. Prolonged and intense bleeding from the respiratory tract can lead to death. However, hemoptysis can be a symptom of other lung diseases: bronchiectasis, pulmonary tuberculosis.
In the early stage of cancer, there is no pain; intense pain is characteristic of the later stages of tumors. In this case, the pain occurs in one place or is given to the shoulder, neck, back, arm, abdominal cavity, and they can also intensify when coughing.
Symptoms of lung cancer are characteristic of various respiratory diseases. And because patients usually go to the doctor not immediately, and in many cases, the diagnosis is not timely. The identification of some of the above symptoms should alert and promptly seek medical attention.
In addition, you need to pay attention to the following indirect signs: apathy, lethargy, decreased activity.You should also pay attention to a slight increase in body temperature, which is able to mask the disease under sluggish bronchitis or pneumonia.
Diagnosis of lung cancer
In more than 15% of patients, the initial stages of this disease are asymptomatic, and therefore it is possible to suspect its presence only with the help of a follow-up examination. To do this, you need to take an x-ray or x-ray image each year. If a tumor darkening is detected in the picture, the diagnosis of lung cancer is not removed until the opposite is proven.
The following methods are used to further diagnose lung cancer:
- CT scan,
- puncture biopsy of lymph nodes,
- transthoracic puncture,
- determination of the level of tumor markers in the blood.
Lung cancer treatment
Depending on the stage and form of lung cancer, the oncologist prescribes the necessary treatment program. Radiation therapy, surgical treatment and chemotherapy are used. As a rule, these methods are prescribed in combination with each other.
There are several different types of lung surgery:
- removal of part of the lung,
- marginal resection (removal of the tumors themselves),
- pneumonectomy (removal of the entire lung),
- combined operations.
When small-cell carcinoma is detected, chemotherapy may be prescribed as the main method of treatment, since this form of the tumor is more amenable to conservative methods of treatment. In such cases, chemotherapy can achieve a fairly good effect for several years.
Radiation therapy is used for unresectable tumors of the lung stage 3-4. This method allows to achieve good results in the case of small cell cancer, especially in combination with chemotherapy. With radiation treatment, the standard dosage is 60-70 gray. The prognosis for lung cancer primarily depends on at what stage of the process it was diagnosed, and on the histological picture of the tumor.
Prevention of lung cancer
It is necessary to remember about simple, but very effective ways to prevent lung cancer:
- first of all, it is quitting smoking, which effectively reduces the risk of disease,
- refusal of contact with heavy metals and asbestos dust,
- refusal to work in hazardous production or use personal protective methods (masks, respirators, etc.) in contact with substances harmful to health;
- balanced nutrition, including natural antioxidants found in fruits, herbs and vegetables,
- prophylactic annual passage of fluorography to identify the initial stage of lung tumors,
- performing 1-2 times a year bronchoscopy (for heavy smokers).
Causes of lung cancer
In order to properly carry out preventive measures, people need to know from what factors this disease can arise. This knowledge should be available not only to adults, but also to children, because there is no age for cancer.
Here are the reasons that lead to lung oncology:
- smoking, active and passive,
- chronic inflammation in the respiratory system,
- hereditary factor
- air and environmental pollution
- harmful production with inhalation of toxic and synthetic substances.
Prevention of lung cancer involves combating these factors. If it is impossible to exclude them, it is necessary to try to reduce their impact.
Effect of smoking on the respiratory system
Smoking is considered the primary cause of lung cancer. In modern cigarettes, almost no tobacco is left. For their manufacture using various resins and additives. When they burn, very harmful substances are released that can settle and accumulate in the lungs during smoking.
Scientists estimate that when burning cigarettes, more than 4 thousand harmful chemical elements and compounds are released.
All these substances have a detrimental effect on the lungs, destroying their membranes. Over time, they become black from the pitches. Gradually, harmful substances enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body.
Some people do not smoke themselves, but are in the zone where someone smokes and they have to breathe their smoke. Such people are called passive smokers. As shown by long-term observations, passive smoking causes lung cancer more often than active. As many harmful substances enter the respiratory system as there are smokers in the lungs.
In the past few centuries, the industry has gone far ahead. This has a negative impact on the environment. All the time there are emissions of harmful substances in the water, soil and atmosphere.
Inhalation of air poisoned by carcinogens often leads to the appearance of malignant tumors in the lungs.
This also contributes to increased radiation, exhaust gases, dust, violation of the ozone layer.
Malignant tumor in the lungs is more common in men. The following factors affect the development of lung cancer:
- passive smoking,
- nicotine addiction
- lung disease
- gene mutations.
Taking care of health is necessary from early childhood, and prevention is a very simple and affordable process. Daily walks in the fresh air and balanced diet hinder the development of severe illness. Perform daily procedures - every person can do.
Once a year, you should undergo prophylactic examination: pass a complete blood count, fluorography, ultrasound diagnosis of the lungs.
In the presence of chronic diseases, one should try to prevent their exacerbations and prevent the occurrence of complications.
The basis of the prevention of lung cancer - the fight against bad habits. The normal functioning of the respiratory organs is hampered by tobacco smoke, as well as the pathology of the lungs or blood vessels. Prevention of lung cancer is aimed at improving immunity. It is necessary to pay attention to moderate physical exertion, to take natural herbal preparations with anti-cancer properties:
To give up smoking
To promote health, you should stop using tobacco. Smoking is destructive for a person, so mental relaxation or autogenic training is used to prevent lung cancer. Only when a special diet is observed and the number of smoked cigarettes is reduced in a patient does the work of the entire respiratory system normalize.
In the case of complete cessation of smoking, the amount of sputum decreases, the cells of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract are restored. Tobacco smoke is especially harmful to a young, developing body, causing the appearance of a malignant tumor. The patient in this case should in time seek advice from a doctor and give up the bad habit.
In the case of passive smoking, a person receives a certain dose of nicotine, and components of tobacco smoke affect the work of the bronchi, lungs, and stomach. It is necessary to give up smoking not only cigarettes without flavors, but also the use of a pipe or mouthpiece, since tobacco smoke irritates the upper respiratory tract.
Long lasting eating fatty foods increases the chance of lung cancer, large intestine or chest. Excess cholesterol affects the synthesis of dangerous substances that alter the structure of the lung tissue. Being overweight increases the likelihood of developing cancer and shortens life expectancy.
To combat obesity, the following measures should be taken:
- increase physical activity
- improve the diet
- eliminate animal fats.
It is unacceptable to strive to reduce the weight to maximum performance, because the risk of developing complications from the heart and blood vessels increases. Often compensate for poor nutrition helps the use of supplements containing vitamins, proteins, trace elements necessary for the growth and development of lung tissue.
Attention should be paid to herbs growing in ecologically clean areas. With their help, the patient manages to intensify the metabolism, improve the acid-base balance, purify the blood from toxins.
Anti-cancer effects have the following products:
- a fish,
- vegetable oil,
- green tea,
- buckwheat and oatmeal,
In the acute period of the disease take vitamins A and E, which slow down the oxidation reactions and prevent the development of the tumor.
Active prevention at the physical level
The metabolism in the lungs depends on the amount of the universal oxidizing agent in the body - oxygen. Low rates affect the immune system, damage the cells of the lung tissue, create conditions for the development of a malignant tumor.
For prevention, the patient is prescribed various types of respiratory gymnastics, and also use effective techniques based on the use of hardware therapy. Often use photosensitizers that are part of the medicinal plants (St. John's wort, parsley, duckweed, dill).
An active way to prevent lung cancer is to maintain a normal level of red blood cells that provide the body with oxygen. The patient should be regularly detoxified using sorbents that reduce the concentration of toxins in the lungs.
To maintain immunity, antioxidants are effectively used to destroy carcinogens. The patient needs not only to improve nutrition, but also to undergo a course of rehabilitation with the help of immunomodulators. The best weapon in the fight against lung cancer is prevention in conjunction with information concerning the influence of lifestyle on the development of the disease.
Removal of worms and protozoa
If an infection center develops in the patient's body, then the amount of toxins in the blood significantly increases, the body's defenses decrease. In patients with respiratory diseases, the likelihood of a malignant tumor increases.
The patient must use modern chemicals to get rid of parasites. Treatment is carried out by courses using fruits and vegetables, pumpkin seeds, medicinal herbs and enzymes, antiparasitic medicinal fees.
Worm invasion causes the appearance of allergic symptoms, cough, mucus in the bronchi, weakens the body's defenses. Opisthorchiasis contributes to the development of multiple complications and causes cancer, and often the parasite causes the appearance of serious mental disorders.
Toxic substances secreted by helminths irritate the respiratory tract, contribute to the appearance of coughing, involuntary gnashing of teeth. The patient should take control of his illness, stick to a vegetarian diet with flax seeds and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids to eliminate the effects of helminth poisoning. Special attention to the likelihood of infestation by parasites should be paid to people at risk. They have a recurrence of the tumor, caused by a violation of the development cycle of the parasite.
Unsystematic use of drugs
In some cases, an increase in the number of oncological diseases of the respiratory tract is observed among men and women suffering from anemia. If the cell membranes of red blood cells are filled with toxins, capillary destruction is observed, anemia occurs.
Especially harmful unsystematic reception of adaptogens or drugs containing large amounts of iodine. The patient should pay attention to the timely treatment of precancerous diseases of the lungs and pleura:
- lung abscess
Lung function is impaired as a result of not only inflammatory diseases, but also in the case of uncontrolled administration of symptomatic agents:
Hormonal drugs should be taken only on prescription.without disturbing the balance of substances in the body. It is necessary not only to be treated with sedatives. It is much more profitable to adjust the work of the nervous system with the help of a contrasting or Scottish soul. In this case, the risk of developing an oncological process is reduced, since the systematic use of potent drugs is stopped.
Cancer prevention is of great importance, because the preservation of health is work, and hard, but regular. The reward to the patient will be active longevity.
We will be very grateful if you rate it and share it on social networks.
What to do to reduce the risk of oncology in the lungs
To reduce the risk of cancer, we must maintain a healthy lifestyle:
- Smoking is the most dangerous enemy. But not everyone can refuse it independently. To do this, there are many different systems and programs, following which the smoker gets rid of the habit. For example, Allen Carr's book, The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, explains in detail the problems associated with smoking and gives easy-to-follow advice on how to get rid of this addiction.
- Care must be taken to keep your home clean. No need to use items of dubious origin in everyday life. Choose environmentally friendly and safe materials for decoration and use.
- Be attentive to the selection of food. Do not use GMOs, buy products better on the market. But at the same time be interested in sellers, how they are made, grown, what they were processed.
- If the work involves harmful production, it is necessary to use protective equipment. For this there are respirators, special clothes, gloves.
- City dwellers are advised to go out of town as often as possible, away from production and exhaust gases.
- In the summer you can not be long under the action of direct sunlight. Increased radiation can lead to skin cancer and metastases in the lungs.
- Pay attention to the water consumed, its composition. Pollution has a negative effect on the body and can cause cancer of the lungs and other organs.
- Do not abuse coffee. It is better to replace it with tea from herbs that enhance the body's immunity.
It is necessary to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, it will raise the immune system. From fried and fatty foods is better to refuse.
As you know, any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. Lung cancer is not completely treated, so it is very important to prevent its occurrence.